Frequently Asked Questions
Don't be left with your burning questions any longer! Feel free to fire them at us, we don't bite (hard). But we understand that you may not be the only one with curiosity, so we have collected the most frequently asked questions for you below.
Is your question not listed? Don't panic, you can always call or email us. We have never left a question unresolved unless it concerned the secret of the meaning of life.
Unfortunately, we haven't found it yet, although we do have a suspicion.
When will I receive my order?
- We usually ship the package ordered before 2:00 PM the same working day. The package is sent by PostNL, so normally you will receive the party the next day.
- Ordered on Monday, delivery on Tuesday
- Ordered on Tuesday, delivery on Wednesday
- Ordered on Wednesday, delivered on Thursday
- ordered on Thursday, delivered on Friday
- ordered on Friday, delivery on Saturday (companies on Monday)
- Ordered on Saturday, delivered on Tuesday.
- Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Tuesday.
- During busy periods, such as the holidays, Mother's Day and Father's Day, this may take a little longer.
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship the chocolate during very hot periods. We indicate this with a heat alert on the home page.
- Because we make everything ourselves, planning is important. Do you want to place larger orders in a timely manner during busy periods? We will then agree on the delivery date together if necessary.
Can I specify a different or postponed delivery day?
Yes, that's possible. You can specify your desired delivery day in the comments field in the ordering process.
Useful to know:
- we ship one day before the desired delivery day. PostNL usually takes 1 day to deliver. Would you like a little more certainty that it will arrive on time? Then it is best to take 2 days into account.
- You will immediately receive a Track & Trace code, but your package will remain with us until the desired shipping day.
- Delivery on Mondays is not possible.
How can I track my package?
Once we have processed your order, you will receive a track & trace code via your specified email address. Once it has been delivered to PostNL, we are at the mercy of their services. They usually deliver the next working day, but during busy periods this sometimes takes a little longer. This is all easy to follow in the Track&Trace.
Didn't receive a Track&Trace or confirmation?
The order confirmation, invoice and Track & Trace code will be sent to the specified email address. This is generated automatically. You can check the spam box and if you cannot find it here, you probably made a typo when entering the email address. Would you still like to know where your package is? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , stating the name you ordered under, and we will check it for you.
Packaging and shipping costs :
Sending something beautiful and well is important and expensive for our products in the webshop. The costs of packing and shipping are included in most cases at Chocoladna.
These are the rates:
Netherlands: up to €35.00, the personal contribution to shipping costs is €4.00. Above that, shipping costs are free.
Belgium and Germany: up to € 60.00 is the personal contribution to shipping costs €4.95. Above that, shipping costs are also free.
Luxembourg: up to €100.00 is the personal contribution to shipping costs €7.80. Above that, shipping costs are free.
Can I specify multiple addresses in 1 order?
No, unfortunately that is not possible. When you place an order, a shipping label is automatically created at PostNL. So it is always 1 order per address.
And if I want to order for my company (at multiple addresses)?
For smaller quantities, we recommend ordering this yourself per order with the different addresses. You will then receive the VAT invoice in your company name for each order.
For larger quantities it is best to email: email@example.com . You then have the option to send to different addresses by using a format-addresses file. The order can then be paid on invoice.
How can I track my package?
Once we have processed your order, you will receive a Track&Trace code via your specified email address. Once it has been delivered to PostNL, we are at the mercy of their services. They usually deliver the next working day, but during busy periods this sometimes takes a little longer. This is all easy to follow in the track & trace.
What if my package is returned to sender?
If your order is returned to OSN, this may be for various reasons, below are a few examples and our procedures:
- return reason 'breakage' : Post.nl sometimes identifies breakage of the product or packaging. This will then be returned to us, we will inform you about this and offer the option to send the same product again or receive your money back.
- return reason 'not collected': this concerns packages that have been left at a Post.nl point for too long. These will be returned to us. If you would like to have the package resent, we will ask for a contribution of €4.00. You can also choose to receive your money back. You will receive the paid amount back, minus the € 4.00 shipping costs.
return reason 'address unknown':
- If you have entered the address incorrectly, we can resend the package to the correct address for a contribution of € 4.00 in shipping costs.
- If the error lies with PostNL, we will resend the package free of charge.
How long does the chocolate last?
Our chocolate is fresh at the time of shipment and can then be kept for at least 2 months.
Store the chocolate dry, in the packaging provided, outside the refrigerator at room temperature 15-21C.
Do the truffles contain alcohol?
Not a single truffle in our standard range contains alcohol. We have different alcoholic flavors, but by heating the ingredients the alcohol has disappeared.
Do you also not want an association with alcohol? Then you can indicate in the comments field with your order that you want truffles without alcohol.
Can I also have my order packaged as a gift?
Yes, that's possible! You can select this option during the ordering process.
Can I also add my own card?
Yes, that's possible! You can indicate the text for this in the appropriate field during the ordering process. We will then add a card to the order
(keep it short and sweet, it has to fit on the card).
Can I also choose flavors?
Our gift boxes are packaged as standard with the most diverse range of flavors possible. We offer various suitable flavors in the different packages. If you have a specific preference, please indicate this in the comments field during the ordering process, we will take this into account as much as possible. (during very busy periods, such as Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc. this is not possible)
Where can I find the ingredients and allergens?